micrologix 1200 C series Modbus configs

rudan206

Hi,
I've got a ML 1200 C series with only 1 port and would like to connect to our DCS via Modbus. Since there's only one port, I've decided to employ a 1761-NET-AIC+ to provide for extra ports for Modbus and programming. Problem now is how to get PLC configured for Modbus. I can change the channel from DF1 Full Duplex to Modbus RTU Slave but then I won't have any port for programming.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

You have identified the basic issue: the controller has just one port and can only be configured for one protocol at a time. You cannot simultaneously go online to monitor the controller and have it connected to the DCS via Modbus.

The "R" version of the MicroLogix 1200 with a second serial port, or the Ethernet-equipped MicroLogix 1100 or 1400 controllers would be required for that functionality.

If you can tolerate using the DCOMM button to switch to DF1 Full Duplex when you need to download or monitor, then you can make use of this controller.