TIA V13 Controlling Drive from S7-300

file sent

In this example i selected PPO2 and there are input and output addresses , what are these ?
are these set automatically ?
when reading from the slave which addresses i use and similarly for writing to slave which addresses i use ??

PPO2.jpg

PPO2 uses 6 works of process data PZD and 4 words of parameter data PKW.
What parameter data or P's in the masterdrive do you need to write to?
And why?

Last edited:
PPO2 uses 6 works of process data PKW and 4 words of parameter data PZD.
What parameter data or P's in the masterdrive do you need to write to?
And why?

i want to send a control word , a speed set point and Torque limit to the drive
after that i receive six values from drive which will be actual speed , actual torque , status word , dc bus voltage and two more , i will display these on an HMI will work on that part once i can run the drive

Hello
in the DPRD_DAT
Record := P#DIX98.0 BYTE 12

Please explain the part in Bold , is it pointing to the Data block ? data blocks are addressed as DB but here it is DIX , and what does 98 means in DIX98

I should wait for JRW to answer, but this is a pointer, addressing internal bytes of the DB that is currently opened.

I studied the Program and found answer to my question ,
This is an instant DB tied to a function block and the data (DPRD_DAT) is saved starting from offset 98.0 and further to 12 byte starting from there

I am trying to write the same program and I find that when I add more local variables the offset keeps changing and therefore either i should define all the local variables before i start writing the code in FB or i can change the address (where to save the control word and rest of the PZD ) once i am finished with the Program .

Last edited:
JRW, can you please explain this ? the bits are not sequenced as they appear in the Control word ,

CALL DPWR_DAT
LADDR :=#DriveAddr
RECORD :=P#DIX86.0 BYTE 12
but the write instruction will write 12 bytes starting from offset 86.0

I believe the control word Bits are specific and each bit mean something and what they represent can not be changed

Screenshot_2.jpg

Attachments

• Control Word.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: