C-more PLC communication time out error PLC-001

wdd0422

I'm using a Automation Direct DO-O5DR PLC with a DO-DCM 2 port comms card. All I am doing is displaying the high speed input count on the screen. There are a couple more lines in the program but this is basically it. I keep getting a "PLC-001:pLC communications timeout" error. It is only the displays on the comm card that are doing this. I have it configured for RS 232 communications. I changed the baud from 9600 t0 32400 and it seemed to help. Sometimes when I have the error it will not update the screen for a few seconds. Is there anything I can do about this or is it a limitation I will have to live with? Right now I have everything setup on the bench. They will be within 50' of the PLC but is this something that may get worse with distance

I have it configured for RS 232 communications. I changed the baud from 9600 t0 32400 and it seemed to help.

Have you tried using either on the onboard DL-05 ports to connect to the Cmore, to see if the problem remains? I'm not sure how fast you need the communication to be. But Port 1 is fixed at 9600 baud, port 2 will go up to 38,400 baud. If you are only monitoring 1 tag on the Cmore, the screen refresh rate should be reasonably quick.

If you are lucky about 50 feet is all you will get from RS232 with a good cable.

Last edited: