Recipe data from a compactlogix to kepware

stu

Hi all
I hope you’re all well .
We have got kepware software and I need to Get some data from a machine on a flour and liquid weighing system.

What I was thinking is getting all the weight data , setpoint , actual , max and min data ect
All this data is in the plc , if I wanted to get this data into kepware is it best practice to have a udt and create its own opc tags retrieve the data ?

Also another thought with kepware and compactlogix,
If I want to get a bit of data say a running recipe data , what would be the best way to do this
Thanks stu

What is the final system you want to receive the data? Your question is a little too vague.
Kepware can get everything out of the CompactLogix easily, but where is it going?

Sorry for being vague
The kepwareex suite is what the company have brought if this helps
The overall goal is that we want the recipe running data for the ControlLogix to kepware and then use pi vision software im sure this will be a opc connection .
For example when all the ingredients is in the mixer and final stage has finished mixing we send the data ?
I think IÂ’m Siemens you need a opc license , add the tags to a separate opc database
WhatÂ’s the right way in ControlLogix to duplicate data - would you create a separate database (opc tag data base )

This is just information and knowledge gathering before I start my first data extraction

Kepware can log data to most DB's directly, if I remember correctly you can create triggers to log the data to say an SQL database. These triggers could be from the PLC's I don't have kepware with me at the moment but it is quite simple to setup. Not sure if it requires an extra license but will certainly run for 2 hours for trials.

Sorry for being vague
The kepwareex suite is what the company have brought if this helps
The overall goal is that we want the recipe running data for the ControlLogix to kepware and then use pi vision software im sure this will be a opc connection .
For example when all the ingredients is in the mixer and final stage has finished mixing we send the data ?
I think IÂ’m Siemens you need a opc license , add the tags to a separate opc database
WhatÂ’s the right way in ControlLogix to duplicate data - would you create a separate database (opc tag data base )

This is just information and knowledge gathering before I start my first data extraction

I cannot remember the license criteria, but if you purchased the Siemens suite it may contain the database logging I'm not sure on that one, perhaps ask I did look into it a few years ago but never had the chance to put it into operation, however, I did try it, I created a local DB using SQL Express and populated it using kepware this was to use on a range of Mitsubishi PLC's we already had a version running on the same plant but did not want to delve into that for the trials, it was already logging data to our main SQL servers but that was via IFIX Scada & I believe the original version of kepware in use was quite old & did not have the DB logging feature.
Ah... Just looked into it & it appears the data logging is optional at $602.0 per year or a perpetual licence for $1,798.0 so quite expensive.