PanleBuilder 32 numeric value display question

Karinrinkashi

Hello everyone,

I have a rather simple question that i cannot seem to figure out the solution to. I have a counter in my program that accumulates after certain conditions are met. I have setup a DINT numeric display in a Panelbuilder screen with a tag which references to that counter's accumulation value. Something like C5:21.ACC but panelbuilder keeps giving me an error saying that i am using an invalid counter/control reference.

Can anyone help me out with this and tell me a way to use a counter's accumulation value, so it can be displayed in a numeric display in a panelview?

Thank you for any and all the help!

It has been a long time since I have used that software, did you trying moving the .acc to an int and using that tag instead of the .acc tag.

You might try changing the data type to a signed integer. As the counter (C5:21.ACC) is a signed integer data type not a double integer.

I am also not sure (can't remember) if PanelBuilder32 can address the counter ACC directly. So iggy's advice
may apply.

57007 - PanelBuilder32: Error 9027 Unsupported file type specified for alarm
Access Level: Everyone

Yes. References to members of structured data types, such as Timers and Counters will throw the above error when validating the application. Copy to a suitable and supported data type, such as integer and reference as iggy advises. Remember also for accurate representation on the PanelView terminal, if the integer is being conditionally copied to, to reset the integer value if or when the referenced instruction's accumulated value is reset. Else unconditionally copying should always display the realtime value.

Where there are lots of Timers and/or Counters that need referencing, you can create a dedicated integer Data File. Blocks of 3 consecutive words may be used to represent the structured data for say each Counter. For cases where the HMI needs to both write to a .PRE and read an .ACC, you can assign Word 0 as the .PRE register and Word 1 as the .ACC register. Word 2 may then represent the bit members such as .EN, .DN, etc. Words 3, 4, 5 representing the next Counter, and so on. This can give you some user-defined structure to your indirect referencing.

Regards,
George

Thank you everyone for their input. I will follow the advice and then get back with the results. I am currently correcting the graphics and need to download them.

It just made intuitive sense to put the ACC in their but it seems that i was wrong.