TI 530C-1104 Software and Cable

TAP62

Good Day:

I have a used piece of equipment that has a TI530C processor in it. I need to access the PLC to get the ladder logic as we are going to retrofit to another PLC. I have been told that TISOFT2 is a software package to use. Can anyone tell me where I can get a Dos or Windows version as a download. Also, I was told that Siemens Micro Win can also access the TI processor? Does anyone know if that is true. This is a "one of" machine so I do not want to purchase software if I do not have too.

Many Thanks...

Good Day:

I have a used piece of equipment that has a TI530C processor in it. I need to access the PLC to get the ladder logic as we are going to retrofit to another PLC. I have been told that TISOFT2 is a software package to use. Can anyone tell me where I can get a Dos or Windows version as a download. Also, I was told that Siemens Micro Win can also access the TI processor? Does anyone know if that is true. This is a "one of" machine so I do not want to purchase software if I do not have too.

Many Thanks...

Hello Tap62;
Tisoft is the original software package to program the TI 505 family; there is a Windows version available from Fastrack Software (505 Workshop), but it might be overkill for your application. Look on the web, there are downloads available for Tisoft. It will run in a DOS box up to Windows 2000, if I remember well.
The cable is simply a null modem cable, and you can find the dipswitch settings on the following document, compliments of a poster on another site.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Sorry, the file is too large for attachment here. You can download it from this thread:
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...ow.aspx?HTTPS=REDIR&PostID=228223&language=en

D.C.

You can't access the TI530 with MicroWin. PLC Workshop is the better (more up to date than TiSoft)but it's pricey if all you intend to do is pull the program out and replace the hardware. CTI took over the TI line and they have done a great job with building new processors and IO cards. For instance- They created the 2500-R4500 520/530/DBC Adapter for Series 500

The TI505 series PLC is very robust and if the 530 is doing the job now the newer 505's will to.