why do you like doing? what you do.

backendcode

This question is for everyone and I believe most of the people here are in PLC, Automation and control engineering.

My answer is, I love programming and I think PLC and Robotics programming interact with a real-world object or in other words, you can interact with real word object with your programming and can visualize your code and this is the reason why I choose this industry.

What is your reason, Please share

Thank you

Working mostly with programming and commissioning different types of boilers. Oil fired (bio & fossil) and solid fuels like domestic waste, industrial waste and wood chips. Every now and then I get temporarily hired to different maintenance departments when they have more than a handful to do..

I like the diversity of my job, I rarely do the same tasks for more than say 6 months in a row. Programming for several months, then away on commissioning. Two different paces.

It's really satisfying to see the stuff I created actually work in the end, giving heat and electricity to thousands of people.

I keep the swedes comments going. The diversity of the work tasks. I work in all stages of the project from concept to finished product (I work in the medtech industry) . For me this include electrical design,programming, commissioning.

can any one suggest how can i use micro logic 1400 for analog input? i have only micro logic 1400 controller box, i don't have any expansion module so how can i read sensor value ? and how to mention (what to use) in programming software?

I LIKE what I do but do I love what I do??? No.. I like what I do, compared to many things I could be doing for much less $$$$$!!!!!!!!! :p
To do what I love would have nothing to do with machines, phones, computers or any other electronic tether.
To bad some of the hobbies I love are very expensive and require a good occupation, an occupation that I can't really say I choose as much as it just happened for me as a result of good training, good mentors and a strong manufacturing economy in my local.

Not many can say they LOVE what they do, I simply love the fact that I can have an interesting job that can support my family well. Really, that is loving what I do, so it depends how you look at it I guess.

hey can u give answer of this?
can any one suggest how can i use micro logic 1400 for analog input? i have only micro logic 1400 controller box, i don't have any expansion module so how can i read sensor value ? and how to mention (what to use) in programming software?

I have two (older) brothers. One is an accountant, the other is an electrician. I just couldn't see myself wearing a suit to work everyday...

So I applied for electrical apprenticeships.

I also have a sister that worked as a computer programmer in the early days of computers (remember "Mainframe" computers?)

Once I started working, I realised that there was always something else to learn. I came across industrial electricians that were all "electricians", but some seemed to be more skilled and knowledgeable than others.

I was always worried about keeping my job, and being employable in the future, so I took any opportunity that I had to learn something new. I also took some small risks in changing jobs to learn new skills. Additionally, I was also lucky when asked by a friend to do some teaching duties at a local college while I was still quite young (around 28).

It has taken some time to find some job satisfaction - I have been in my present job for 12 years, but before this job I didn't stay longer than 3-5 years in one role.

In my present job I do electrical CAD & design, PLC/HMI/SCADA programming, setting up drives, instruments and anything else that I am asked to do... so I have a fair variety of work, NOT just PLC's.

I have worked in maintenance roles where the electrician's job is only to fix breakdowns - I found this boring waiting for stuff to happen - so much better in my role today where there is always something to do..

hey can u give answer of this?
Open a new thread for your question, or search in the forum. It has nothing to do with the OP subject.

What else would I do? I am an engineer to the bone. I like the engineering challenges but I also like winning projects from my competitors. Some of it is marketing. I am in Japan now. Been to Toyota, Mazada, UBE, and others.

I could have retired long ago bit there is too much fight left in me.

I have algorithms and things waiting to be implement into our controllers that will probably never be implemented while I am still able to work or alive. Sometimes I go to work and sit in my lazy boy recliner. Yes, I have a lazy boy recliner in my office. No one gives me **** because am the boss and they still haven't caught up with implement my algorithms.

Meanwhile I play in my office thinking of new stuff to figure out.
Sometimes I go crazy and figure out why
1+2+3+4+5+.......=-1/12
I can thank Norm D for that one.
Then I moved on to the Reimann zeta function.
Ok, I know it has nothing to do with motion control or PLCs.
Maybe I should try to figure out the answer to life the universe and everything. Quantum mechanics is a good start.
Deep thought took too long and failed.

I love the challenge of making things work, especially if others have tried and failed. I like that every day is different. I get to set my own schedule, I can work from home (sometimes), I have great work/life balance, and I make more money than any other job I've had.