Can't access PC behind Stratix switch

phuz

I'm fairly green when working with Stratix but they don't appear all that difficult; however, I'm having an issue accessing a PC that is behind one of them.

In the plant, they have their main business network, 10.91.114.XXX. The one stratix is .21 and the other is .22. There were 3 PCs that we couldn't access behind the .21, so I checked them out and added the gateway (stratix's control-side network IP address) and disabled windows firewall. Then those 3 PCs became visible from the business side. I went to the PC behind the .22 stratix and set the gateway (firewall was already disabled), but still unable to ping it from the business side. It communicates with all the other devices on it's own network, and can ping the stratix itself, but isn't visible from the other side. Both stratix switches are configured identically with auto-configure. Any idea what could be blocking it?

Hard to say with the info. Do you have a diagram and model of the stratix? What's the IP and the subnet of each? Any VLAN set up?

Looks like your subnet is the issue. Change to 255.255.0.0 and try. The third set of numbers in your addresses do not match. With the subnet you have, the first three sets of numbers must match.

Looks like your subnet is the issue. Change to 255.255.0.0 and try. The third set of numbers in your addresses do not match. With the subnet you have, the first three sets of numbers must match.

The business side of the stratix units are 10.91.114.21 and .22. The control side of stratix #1 is 10.91.116.1. The control side of stratix #2 is 10.91.117.1. All the devices behind both units are configured with respective IP addresses and subnets of 255.255.255.0 with the gateway IP of their respective stratix. All devices can be pinged with the exception of a single PC node. If all the devices behind #1 are in the 10.91.116.XXX range, and all the devices behind #2 are in the 10.91.117.XXX range, why would we use anything except 255.255.255.0?
I agree 255.255.0.0 would be appropriate if we had multiple subnets, but we don't. They are two isolated subnets that don't see each other. And the fact that everything else communicates properly on the subnets we have set lets me think that's not the issue here.

So there are working devices connected to and the same Stratix as the PC that is not working?

If so sounds like a routing table issue on the PC.

So there are working devices connected to and the same Stratix as the PC that is not working?

If so sounds like a routing table issue on the PC.

Correct.
I am actually going to be on site tomorrow so I will be checking into this.