Siemens HMI issue

mustbemad10

Hi.
I have a Siemens HMI that is faulty and was wondering if anybody knows whether my following idea would be a quick solution to getting the program backed up to a CF card from the HMI.

When the HMI is powered up it just has a white screen. You don't get to see the bootloaded, the menu to access the control panel, or even the actual program that is running in it. I know there is something running in it as I was doing some dev work then the next time I powered it on the screen didn't work. I also know that it is working because when I press the screen in places it bleeps. And when the screen changes from the load menu (transfer, run etc) it blinks as though the HMI program is then running (still can't see anthing though).

So the idea I had to get into the control panel and backup the program to a CF card was to take the HMI apart then connect a smaller screen (the faulty HMI is a 12" and I have a 10" that works) to the connections on the faulty panel. So the 10" screen would be connected to the faulty HMI in order to get to the control panel.

Would this solution work, or would the connections from the 12" panel damage the 10" screen? I wouldn't want to damaged both of my HMI's!

Thanks for the help :)

Hi.
So the idea I had to get into the control panel and backup the program to a CF card was to take the HMI apart then connect a smaller screen (the faulty HMI is a 12" and I have a 10" that works) to the connections on the faulty panel. So the 10" screen would be connected to the faulty HMI in order to get to the control panel.

Would this solution work, or would the connections from the 12" panel damage the 10" screen? I wouldn't want to damaged both of my HMI's!

Thanks for the help :)

I know, you Know and everyone else knows, that Siemens won't help you with your solution.
The best thing to do, is to convert the project from a 12" to a 10" HMI and download the project to the 10" HMI. I hope you have the project in the PC.

I dont have the original program, so that's why I am trying to access the control panel on the HMI so I can backup the program onto the CF card.

And I didn't find anything on the Siemens Support, hence asking the question here.

OK, mustbemad.
Normally I would have added you to my special list by now (3 strikes you know), but since I used sarcasm, which is of course unforgivable, I give you another chance.
Rather than asking you specifically, I ask you to look at your posts so far, and consider if maybe some info is missing ?

I'm pretty sure Siemens only makes ONE model of HMI, Jesper. I think it's model number "1". Therefore, that must be the one mustbemad has... ;)

🍻

-Eric

P.S. Just trying to help you stay off Jesper's 'list', mustbemad.

Ok. I didn't specify which HMI it was. Just so you can rest easy, its an MP370 (12") TP27-10 (obviously 10").

Now then. Can I plug the 10" screen up to the 12" for a minute just to access the Control Panel? I'm aware as it's a slightly smaller display it may cut a bit from the edge. But i'm concerned that it would damage the display.

Any ideas or constructive advice? :)

You would be very lucky if the two screens had compatible connections. If they were two out of the same series you might stand a chance. I don't use the Siemens HMIs, the Beijer ones that I use allow remote access via the Ethernet port, can you do anything similar with Siemens?

I've tried using 'Cerhost' has the HMI runs on Windows CE, but I can't get a connection. Think the Ethernet port needs to activated in the Control Panel on the HMI, which I can't get to... I can pick up the IP, but no comms :(

The 2 HMI don´t have the same screen type so the hardware isn´t the same.

Touch Panel TP27-10 with 10.4" color STN display.

MP370: Large, brilliant 12“ TFT displays for
clear screens

Ok, that answers that then.
Thanks for that :)

Any ideas how I could get backup the program to a CF card on the HMI?