Obsolete QuickPanel

arkyny

I am trying to upload the program from a 9" mono quickpanel to my laptop. I establish communications with the QP and it starts the upload, then abruptly stops and says "Program not loaded in panel", but I know damn well it is because its in use. Any suggestions?o_O

It is saying that the source program, from which the running executable was made, was not loaded onto the panel by the original programmer (it's an option). You will have to get that from the original programming computer.

For some reason, the default was to NOT download the source code. If you wanted to download it, you had to intentionally select to do it -- and, if I remember correctly, is was kind of hidden...

Plus, there are several versions of the software -- and they aren't always cross-compatible. You might have or be able to get the source code, but unless you have the right version of the software, you still might not be able to do anything with it...

The reason I wrote, is because I have a copy of the Project in my Quick Designer software files, but it would net let me download to a spare Quick Panel. I decided to retrieve the project from a panel in the field and by now, you know the results. Now another question, would the missing source file also prevent downloading to the QP?

The missing source file on the Quick Panel is simply the method Total Control Products gave to OEMs to prevent unauthorized distribution of application files. What actually runs on a QP is the compiled executable. The source file, when included, simply resides in available QP memory.

If you can't download a file from Quick Designer to a Quick Panel, it's probably an incompatibility between the revision level of Quick Designer and the firmware version of the Quick Panel.

Upload your .prj file here and someone will check it for you or maybe even convert it to the latest version of QuickDesigner or Proficy ME View.

USB thumb drive

Can you use a USB thumb drive to move the project files to the computer with the internet? My old company was an internet NAZI but did little to keep the computers off the internet safe.