Modbus set-up

Gadelric

Wizards,

I hope everyone survived the storms the last few weeks.

After everything calmed down here in Oklahoma, I was farmed out to get this Signal-fire wireless telemetry system working.

This project was started in 2016 and abandoned shortly after.

I have managed to get the signal fire things to work, and located a RTA 460ETCMC Modbus master to transfer data from the Modbus slave to the control logix plc.

Useful information:

Slave Register data:
Type-Pressure Scout
Name-System_9
Slave ID- 109
Node Address- 45569

I need to monitor the Pressure and the Battery alarm

Pressure is Data type 16bit UINIT
Pressure Register Address is 3001

Low battery alarm is
Data type 16bit UINIT
Register address 65523

In the end, there will be 30+ different slave devices with unique ID, Name and Node Address.
Batteries are dead in most of them, so I will not be able to configure them all, but I do have 3 that are functional. (have to shut down the paint system to change batteries, so they wont be working until after this weekend shutdown. The whole, blow up the building from sparks thing...)

Thanks in advance,

Gad.

You'll have to check the slave documentation to see whether the values are in holding registers at (4)xxxxx or Input Registers at (3)xxxxx because the command that the master issues depends on which type of register in which the slave holds the data

could be

pressure at (4)003001 or (3)003001
low battery alarm at (4)65523 or (3)65523 (most likely a Holding register because a battery alarm is not an input)

register values like you've given are most like one-based, not zero based register addresses.