Major fault

Hojland

In RSlogix 5000 and 1769-L16ER

Im am used to Rslogix 500

I need a bool that goes high if there are major fault occurs. I know I should use GSV. But then I do not know more. Is there a nice person who will send me an example. Or What do I write in "class name" "Instance name" and Attribute name. I know "dest"

Rslogix 5000 allows you to create a fault routine that's executed on major faults....just put a line of logic in that routine to set a bit....GSV won't work because logic isn't executed after a fault so GSV would never activate.

The bit won't stay high after the Fault Routine has done its scan. You will need to come out to a latching relay so you can see it has faulted / sound a beacon etc

The bit won't stay high after the Fault Routine has done its scan. You will need to come out to a latching relay so you can see it has faulted / sound a beacon etc

Wrong...Memory is retained. We write to DINTS all the time in Fault Routines to store the Fault code.

There is an entire Programming Manual for RSLogix 5000 that is dedicated to using GSV and SSV to deal with Major, Minor, and I/O faults.

I use this manual every time I write a new fault handling program. It's very good.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm014_-en-p.pdf

Yep...I have referred to it several times. Just to clear up my 1st post, when I said you can't use a GSV I should clarify that you can't use it in a regular ladder routine to extract the fault condition, as once a major fault occurs, the ladder that contains the GSV is no longer executed. BUT, you can certainly use GSVs in the fault routine to extract the error code, and SSV to clear the fault and resume running if the Major Fault is recoverable.