Micro800 shared tags

zze110

Greetings all,

Wondering if produced consumed tags can be setup on a micro800 PLC?

I'm trying to link 6 PLC's together so they have a few shared variables (global site alarm, local system alarm, etc). Only link between them is ethernet switches.

Was looking at using a CompactLogix 5380 to solve this one but I'd prefer something cheaper for the simple tasks I'm trying to run.

Replacing a moscad rtu system where the current setup allows "shared" tags between all devices.

Ideas? Thanks!

Thank you Brendan! That sounds like what I am looking for...

We have an andon system with roughly 125 input, 125 output points (across 6 RTU's) on our lines. The moscad boxes capture an operator pressing the assistance button and relay it to a supervisor at a Wonderware HMI. Each line has its own RTU and HMI display for a supervisor. Each line supervisor must have a HMI visual when a neighboring line has an issue.

I realize there are many other (higher level) methods of doing this besides a PLC, but our company wants a drop-in replacement and they consider this process critical.

Thanks for the suggestions!