DC voltage controller 12V 100A

tarik1978

Hi
Does anyone know if availabe, a DC voltage controller with the following requirements:
Output voltage 0 to 12VDC
Current Max 100A
Analog Input (0-10v or 4-20mA) for voltage control
programmable ramp_up and ramp_down
programmable curent limit
Feedback current
this is for Brake Pads Shear Test Machine

Thanks

It depends a bit on your budget and how critical the machine is, but if you need that much current with a variable DC voltage I would recommend looking into modular rackmount power supplies. You'd buy a chassis and then whatever modules you want to fill it in. The chassis and a few 0-20v or 0-30v DC paralleled modules at ~25A a piece would do the job quite nicely, and be controllable as a single unit.

Alternatively, an open frame or component type programmable power supply would work well if you want it inside of a cabinet. Either style would be available with either serial or analog control, serial being more common in my experience. I would personally stay away from benchtop power supplies and get something more robust.

Maybe check out some supplies from Chroma or Instek, see if there's anything there that piques your interest.