No Emulator for the 5380?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So is there no Rockwell Emulator for the 5380?

I have Studio 5000 Logix Emulate installed, but it looks like the only option is a 5570. :confused:

2020-03-25 23-17-41 CL-CTRLS-VM-ROC.png

Yes only ControlLogix processors can easily be emulated. I thought I heard of rumors where the next versions of Emulate would correct that issue.

Sorry to bump an old thread.
Does anyone know if there is a way to emulate a 5380 controller yet?
I have Logix Emulate V32 and it doesn't seem possible to switch the controller of my program to one of emulate. I just looked at the release notes for V33 and it doesn't look like support was added. I have a project where the panels need to ship before the program is completely finished and I would like to be able to do some testing on my logic before comissioning.

-Thank You

@ Justblaze: Just a curiosity , What if you use the simulator with a contrologix cpu and for instance use a 1756-IA16 as almost an equivalence of a 5069-IA16 and so on, the logic I guess is the same, I know comm is not the same. Or am I missing something. ?

@ Justblaze: Just a curiosity , What if you use the simulator with a contrologix cpu and for instance use a 1756-IA16 as almost an equivalence of a 5069-IA16 and so on, the logic I guess is the same, I know comm is not the same. Or am I missing something. ?

I have already developed a project with the 5380 processor selected. When I try to change the processor from the 5380, there are no Logix Emulate processors available from the selection list. I'll take another look just to double check.

Hi,
I am new in Allen Bradley,

is not yet possible to simulate an existing project with a 5380 controller?

I mean, not creating a new project with a "emulated controller" or exporting removing the IO because will generate troubles or this kind of things..
I want to emulate a already developed program with a existing controller.

For example, in Siemens, there is only one button to simulate!!! , that's all!!!, hahaha... :)

Hi,
I am new in Allen Bradley,

is not yet possible to simulate an existing project with a 5380 controller?

I mean, not creating a new project with a "emulated controller" or exporting removing the IO because will generate troubles or this kind of things..
I want to emulate a already developed program with a existing controller.

For example, in Siemens, there is only one button to simulate!!! , that's all!!!, hahaha... :)
"Welcome to Rockwell. Where everyone is better, but you won't pay more"

I just contacted Rockwell technical support on the issue of Emulating the 5380 product line (specifically 5069-L319ERMS2). Emulation of the 5380 is still not supported according to the live support. Support stated it might be supported in the "Logix Echo" emulator in the future, but the support agent could not give any other info. :confused:

Edit: Links about above emailed from Rockwell
[FONT=&quot]Studio 5000 Logix Emulate: ControlLogix 5580 and CompactLogix 5380 compatibility

probably we will get 5380 in the future in the factorytalk logix echo - but no detailed info right now
[/FONT]

Last edited: