Studio 5000 Program Parent/Child?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
What does selecting a Program as a Parent do when creating a new program?

The Help file says it places the child under the parent in the Logical Organizer, But it doesn't seem like it does anything else.

Like I can's interact with it like a tag, Like I can with an AOI. So what does it do?

To add to jkerekes, the Logical Organizer is just a way to visually lay out your program structure, it does not change the way the program executes/functions.

fyi, it can cause issues when you try to revert a project to an earlier revision - just delete the parent/child lines from the export file...

Well yeah, I what the Logical Organizer is for, but what is the Parent/Child program feature for, what else does it do, how is it useful? Are you staying that all it does is alter where the program is shown graphically in the Local Organizer and that is all that it does?