RSLinx Classic - Topics Randomly Become Inaccessible

mmeyer

• RSLinx Classic Gateway 2.57.00.14
  • Windows Server 2003 R2
  • OPC Test Client
  • Visual Fox Pro applications using OPC
I have an issue where the RSLinx topics on my Gateway suddenly become inaccessible to outside applications (OPC client, Fox Pro apps, etc.). After rebooting the server that is running the Gateway, everything would begin working again. This happens about monthly.

It almost seems like a log may be filling up and stopping comms but that is mostly conjecture and this. Maybe the "RSLinx Error Log" filling up?

Thanks!

Similar Topics

Hey All, I am sorry to ask this, but i still gotta do it. What happens if I close RS linx? Will it cause network interruption and PLCs will lose...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know if there is a way to import RSLinx Classic data into FT Linx? We have a quite extensive configuration set up, and it would be...
Replies
Views
Hello, I entered my controller IP address as 192.168.1.100 (Local) for 1769-L33ER. It worked fine until couple month and found the controller kept...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some clarity regards the relatively recent rebranding of RSLinx Classic. From what I can make out from the RA website and...
Replies
Views
Inexperienced user here. We are upgrading servers and currently have RSLinx Classic Lite with a dozen SLC505s on it. The new server will run FT...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom