ControlLogix - CIP - Support for Predefined Structures

manojvivek

Hi All,
While communicating with ControlLogix PLC using CIP (Ethernet/IP) protocol, I am stuck up with handling different structured data types (at least pre-defined structures). I have a question in this context. Can we make the ControlLogix PLC respond in Formal Encoding format for structure data types instead of using Abbreviated Encoding Format? I mean, how to switch the controllogix PLC from FormalEncoding to AbbreviatedEncoding?. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

regards,

Manoj

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm trying to setup a ControlWave Micro (CWu) to read tags from an Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC (L-61 CPU) using CIP comms. The CWu needs...
Replies
Views
I would like to Read the CPU Usage % information like the Task Monitor tool provides from one ControlLogix to another via a CIP Message. Comms...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here has any experience using CIP protocol between ControlWave Micro and AllenBradley ControlLogix. I have...
Replies
Views
I am trying to message between a ControlLogix L82 PLC and an AutomationDirect BRX PLC. I've enabled the Ethernet/IP Explicit Message server on...
Replies
Views
I'm having trouble writing data from a CompactLogix PLC to a ControlLogix PLC. My CompactLogix (IP 192.1.5.70) configuration : Mu...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom