Alarms for PV800

JAK

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
Back in PanelBuilder 32 I used to be able to assign a word as an alarm trigger and then address each bit individually in the alarm configuration instead of having to address each bit individually in the alarm configurator like CCW seems to be requesting. Am I missing something? Is it possible to assign an integer as the trigger and use bit detection or am I going to have to type in a tag for all 50 alarms?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the heads-up. That would be useful if I wanted to create a custom alarm history screen. I'm just a little disappointed that somewhere along the way it has become impossible for a user to define one or two INTs or DINTs as alarm triggers and then use the bits in the alarm configuration to use as individual alarms. I just didn't want to clutter up my tag DB with a long list of boolean addresses. Or as Inductive Automation says "Single Integer - Alarm on Each Bit"

Just to close this topic, I called Rockwell and this is the compromise for using a PV800 or PVc. The alarm configuration does not allow you to parse an integer address to pull out individual bits like you can with FactoryTalk. If I wanted to save on the tagging then you could set up a driver to feed values to a register, as mentioned in the link above, but that goes against the philosophy of keeping it simple. Guess I better get typing.

Thanks,

2711r to Controllogix Parsing Alarm bits

So the DINT ALRMWORD0.1 is not bit #1 of ALARMWORD0 that sucks I tried all day using ALARM TYPE:BIT or NUMERIC.

I tried to use ALARMWORD0 NUMERIC then i used BIT Value 1,2,4,8,16, etc.

this did not work if two bits are on ie: 2+8 = 10

Then I tried NUMERIC with RISING Edges this appeared to be working but had issues (not 100%) working.

So after reading this forum I get the feeling that you cannot multiplex integer words into the 2711r and then use a single word to pull the bits out. Would have been nice but it appears that the I/O bits are either Boolean bits or 16 bit or 32 bit words. This is really in-efficient as we will now have a ton of Boolean bits being transferred into the device.

Anyone have a solution please share.

I updated to version 12 of CCW as I suspected that the download to the HMI created issues (little indan ???)