Power Adapter for S7-1200 DC

segment

Hi Guys,
I am just trying some PLC stuff to learn by myself.
I am buying a Siemens S7-1200, DC DC DC (1212C with power input as DC) model. I guess I need a separate power adapter for it but I did not find any reference for which power adapter I should purchase, is there any specific model?. My CPU model is 6ES7 212-1AE40-0XB0.

Thanks!

From a quick glance at the wiring and specs, you need a 24vdc supply that can supply ~900ma w/ all the possible modules.
So i'd get a 50W or better 24vdc supply and no worries.

Thanks, so can something like 6EP1332-1SH71 from Siemens (Power Module PM1207) works with the 1AE40-0XB0?

Cheers

Pretty much any 24V supply with enough current will work, but that one certainly does the trick.

I can recommend the one you picked (depending on what else you need to power).

Alternatively, you could pick up an AC/DC/* model which can be supplied with 110/230V directly.

Last edited:
Not any 24vdc power supply will work. Trust me I have had my trouble with an older model and replaced it with a newer supply. If you bye a brand new power supply there shouldn't be a problem:)

Not any 24vdc power supply will work. Trust me I have had my trouble with an older model and replaced it with a newer supply. If you bye a brand new power supply there shouldn't be a problem:)

What issues have you run into? Just curious :)