Ge plc

joyc

Dear all
we have a GE PLC,GE fanuc varsamax IC200PWR002E . I dont know what is the ip address in this plc. i could not communicate plc by ethernet cable.
so please help me how to i find ip address.
kind regards
joy

The part number you gave is for the power supply. The part number for the CPU is actually hidden by the power supply, but at the upper left hand corner of the unit you should see "CPUE05". Is that the case?
There is a utility in Proficy Machine edition software that can set a temporary IP address. You could use that, establish a connection and extract the hardware configuration from the PLC. The hardware configuration will include the details of the actual IP address. The IP address will revert back to the original IP address when you cycle power to the PLC.

Dear all
we have a GE PLC,GE fanuc varsamax IC200PWR002E . I dont know what is the ip address in this plc. i could not communicate plc by ethernet cable.
so please help me how to i find ip address.
kind regards
joy

If you hook up WIRESHARK directly to the ethernet port, and power cycle the PLC, it will broadcast its IP address in GARP {Gratituious Address Resolution} protocol.