What analogue input card do I need (Siemens 300)?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all

I'm going to be wiring up a transducer that has the following connections:
Pin 1: Not Used
Pin 2: 0V
Pin 3: 10..0V
Pin 4: Not Used
Pin 5: 0..10V
Pin 6: GND
Pin 7: +24V
Pin 8: Not Used

I am wanting to use the 0..10V output and run it back to a Siemens 300 series PLC. There is room on the PLC rack for an analogue card but I've no idea which card I would need. I've had a look through the hardware catalogue within Simatic Manager but still not sure what I should be ordering.

I want to use the 0..10V output from the transducer. I'm assuming (although correct me if I'm wrong) that the analogue cards come with 4 terminals. 2 for signal and 2 for power? Or do the analogue cards just have 2 terminals for the 0..10V and this transducer will need a separate power supply?

Also, which analogue cards are for 0..10V or do you just set them up in the software?

Does anyone know about these cards enough to advise me on what card would be suitable. I'm unfamiliar with the analogue side of things (among lots of other things!!)

Many thanks for any help you can give me

(y)

You can use 6ES7 331-7KF01-0AB0 card, wich has 4 channel analog inputs. The inputs are jumper configured for 0..20, 4..20ma or volatage range of 1000mv to 10V. The iput selction to be configured in the software also.
The transducer you are using needs to be powered up with external 24volts power supply.The ground of the transducer and that of input card to be same.
There are many more cards available, you can see them in the Simatic manager and then later you can download the spec sheets for these cards from siemens web.
Hope this helps
regards.

Yes there is a square jumper for various input selections. But many times i have used different inputs without changing the jumper position, by only changing the settings in software it works, i do not know if this jumper realy makes any difference, but its always better to follow the manufacturers recomendations.
good luck