Access Processor error status in ControlLogix

siv

Hi There,
Can some one tell me how to access the processor error status in controllogix controller.

I have used GSV instruction
as follows
===============================
class name: FaultLog
attribute name: majorFaultBits
Destination: mydestination [DINT]
=================================
class name: ControllerDevice
Attribute Name: Status
Destnation: Mystatusbits [INT]

Ihave placed both the instrucitons (GSV) under controller faultHandler.
When i created a major fault, none of the destination tags contained any value.

OR
Since the controller may not execute any ladder,Is it possible to access those data from other PLCs for example using "CIP Generic message?

Thanks in advance.
Siv

Last edited:
I have been through this same learning process and was surprised to learn that the FaultLog object gets written after the Fault Routine is executed, so that you cannot grab it as the processor goes through the Fault Routine.

The closest you can get, I recall, is to read the MajorFault Record and MinorFaultRecord using GSV from the Program Object, with "THIS" as the instance name (meaning the Fault Routine's Main Program).

I believe that the Controller state can be read by another controller. I know it's readable as an EntryStatus value when you have a Produced/Consumed tag.

What is most popular, though, is to let RSLinx do the work and use a Pre-Defined Item in your visualization software to show the state of the controller. Look in RSLinx (Enterprise or Classic) help for the Pre-Defined Items, including @Mode, @Status and @StatusNumber.

You have to be using RSView as an OPC server, not with Direct Drivers.

Just create a tag with the OPC Topic name and the pre-defined Item name in place of the Tag or Data Table address.

[ControllerTopic]@status