Maple Systems EZ ware 5000 software reviews?

Pekan

I'm shopping for an HMI to connect to a Micrologix 1500. It's a retrofit to remove P.Bs from a panel.
I'm on a budget hence Maple and am interested to hear any comments regarding the EZ ware 5000 software.

My project won't be that complex but I would like to import bitmaps into screens just to make it more visual/user friendly for the operators.
I may also look at data collection if possible.

Another contender is Proface. Any comments or suggestions?

I also have been thinking about using this software for low budget jobs. From what I heard its very user friendly, has native drivers so connecting to your ML is easy and you can't beat the cost!!! Much cheaper than any AB product....

I think the quality is close no matter who you choose. Maple has been in business for years. Price is right. Quality is great. You won't be sorry with a Maple.

Before Automation Direct switched to C'more, they used AVG. I liked the overall look of the graphics and especially the 3D buttons. I've done a few projects with Maple, and all went well. Although I might not like the graphics (compared to AVG), the customer was happy.

For comparison, download software for Maple, AVG, and C'More. I haven't done a C'more project yet. Do a search for them. There's quite a few comments on C'more.
One problem I had with Maple software. I installed the demo. Later, I installed the full version. I thought installing the full version on top of the demo would work. Don't remember what the issue was now, but I should have uninstalled the demo first. That was a couple of years ago. Maybe there isn't a problem now. Maybe the graphics are better today too.

Last edited:
my vote is for MAPLES

I've used the silver + series, on several projects, and have designed somewhat heavyduty interface,
very easy to use software, atleast for me it was,

however if you wud b importing Bitmaps I recommend getting the highest resolution silver+, I think its the 12" one.

Feel free to contact me if you need any specific info on it, I wud b pleased to help you if I can!

best of luck

You also might want to consider the H series from Beijer through HMI products.

We have used their software on many applications.

What sets it apart from just about any other display is its macro/scripting capabilities.

We have done many complicated routines within the display, allowing our ePLC to focus primarily on the control needs of the application.

You can obtain a link for download of the software through www.entertron.com/touchscr.htm

Also, the screens are in the same price range as what Maple offers.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

I have used the Maple System Silver Series with EZ Ware 500 for years and have just purchased my first Silver Series Plus with EZWare 5000 for a project. The EZ Ware 5000 is much better than the EZ Ware 500 in that a lot of the glitches with EZ Ware 500 have been corrected and I think that it is more user friendly. There is also enhanced support for graphics and communications. I don't like the macro programming feature in either version. Finally, I like the fact that the comms ports are on the bottom of the unit instead of the back like the Silver Series. This is more convenient for panel door installation.

This is a nice, low cost OIT. Give it a try and you will probably like it.

Best regards

Can EZware5000 work with HMI model #HMI530C ? The user manual says to use Ezware 500 but I can't find it anywhere. Does Ezware 5000 replace Ezware 500?

David,

You cannot use the 5000 software with the 500 screen. They are different models.

In order to use the 5000 software, you would require a 5000 screen.

The software provides a utility to convert the 500 program to a 5000 program.

We market this product under KEP's MMI8000 series.

More information is available through the following link - http://www.eternity-sales.com/KEP/Kesslerellis.htm

If you have any questions, feel free to email.

Yes, but... Weintek is a Taiwan company. They sell in the US under several brand names. There is a way to buy Weintek, but to me it's not worth it. I've used Maple and KEP. Both companies offer excellent support.
Stephen Luft has treated me well. Currently I buy KEP, and download the latest software, etc. from the Weintek website.

Thanks.

Is there a free software that I can use to download/upload programs to a hmi530C?
There is no free software but Easy Builder 500 will do the job for you. You can get the Easy Builder 500 and 5000 for like 75.00$ go to Maplesystems.com

HMI5056 programming using EZ5000

I am trying to connect HMI 5056N with a Baldor motion controller(NextMove ESB 2). Using EZ5000 (Easy Builder 5000) i am not able to select the model 5056N. Should i use some upgrade? I am not able to proceed further

Dear Friend,
Iam working on HMI GOT from mitsubishi but compare to price wise it is quiet expensive when i look the prices of Maple , I want to start with Maple but before any ordering i want to get familiar with the Objects ,screens , Popup screens etc how to use Can you advice or if you can provide me software with any sample project , I will be very thankful to you , Hope I will get a good support from you

Thanks
Samuel