Accessing FactoryTalk View SE object properties on different screens

phuz

Is there a way to access properties of vba-exposed objects on other screens?
For example, if I click a button on screen "MAIN", does SE allow us to make object.visible = false on screen "TEST" ?

I've looked through all the properties/methods, and don't see anything, and nothing is mentioned in the help files.

For example, if I click a button on screen "MAIN", does SE allow us to make object.visible = false on screen "TEST" ?
Try this code inside the released event of the button:

Code:
Dim myObject As [COLOR=Red][B]ObjectTypeHere[/B][/COLOR]
Set myObject = Me.Application.LoadedDisplays("TEST").Elements("[COLOR=Red][B]ObjectNameHere[/B][/COLOR]")
myObject.Visible = False
You'd need to add some code to avoid a runtime error if TEST is not displayed or if the object doesn't exist in TEST.

Thanks for that. That clears up that one issue, but we discovered another one.
We created a dedicated graphic as a menu bar which resides up top (1920x55). It's display type is "On Top" but when clicking any of the buttons, which load displays, the nav bar disappears. The reason the NAV bar is being done on a separate graphic vs. global displays is for other reasons.