1769-l32e Slow to achieve comms with Panelview 1000 plus

Bly52

Hi All.
Im currently working on a project which entails copying a project from Plc and Hmi to a like for like system. I have managed to put the original programs on both, using Logix 5000 and Rs Factorytalk view studio. I have setup communication path in Hmi . The Hmi all operates ok but takes about 6 mins to initially achieve communication and load flags from plc. I think the issue may be Plc end as when i put newly programmed hmi in original machine it operates fine.

All Comms are done on Ethernet direct no switch. Any idea where i could be going wrong.
TIA
BLY

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

>All Comms are done on Ethernet direct no switch.

Why ? Virtually all control systems that use Ethernet also need a port to allow access via an engineering workstation or enterprise network router.

Check the cable very carefully, and check the network status and link LEDs on both the controller and the PanelView Plus.

Another diagnostic method would be to make the first screen on the PV+ a FactoryTalk Diagnostic object, and see what the error messages are.

One of the things the modern PV+ does that the older ones didn't is that it checks every Tag in the HMI project to be sure it's available from the controller at startup. If you don't have a good connection (and yours sounds like there's a badly damaged port or cable), the PV+ can sit for quite a while trying to read all the tags, before it actually gets around to putting the HMI into operation.

Last edited:
Problem solved

Thanks for the response.
as it turns out there was a damaged cable between Plc and Hmi.

I have no idea why no switch installed as the system was inherited but maybe once all is running i will look at adding a switch.

Thank you for the assistance.
Bly52