Build your own PLC trainer

Litto43

M8,

I'm planning to build my personal PLC trainer. I would appreciate if you can provide me schematic diagram and set-up. I will be using Siemens S7-3oo hardwares.
Thanks,
Litto

I dont understand

I have a tendency to sound harsh or rude but it is not my intention so please bear with me.

If you are building a plc trainer then arent you attempting to learn how they are used?

What would be point of building a trainer if someone provides the detailed information to build it? You will have learned nothing!

After building it, would you then ask for programs?

Technically all that information is in the manuals. If your sincere in learning plcs and building the trainer then look at the manuals first and ask a question when you have a "specific" problem.

I can't speak to the S7 series, but I myself do better learning from an example. I first learned to build boxes and draw schematics by looking at alot of them. So our guest is asking for some examples of a PLC trainer, what's the issue?

Anyhow, save yourself alot of time and money - learn to program here, using Phil's simulator!

TM

by trainer you mean box with bunch of buttons and lights and with PLC and 24VDC PSU inside? or maybe someting more complex (analog included, maybe servo axis too...)? maybe with E-Stop cicuit too?
i would do what Ron suggested and simply try to it on your own but if you need help just let us know what do you expect...

Last edited: