we have digital input unit :1769-IQ32, on the datasheet showing:
input delay,on: 8ms
input delay,off: 8ms

we have Kinetix300 with digital inputs: A1-A4;B1-B4;C1-C4

someone told me Kinetix300 digital inputs are high speed inputs
My question is which input is faster?

thanks!

Why are you asking ?

The Kinetix 300 inputs are both for ordinary functions like Overtravel and for fast functions like Registration Input. A quick look at the discrete input section of the User Manual suggests that they are scanned at 500 us, and have a selectable debounce filter from 0 to 1000 ms.

The 1769-IQ32 has ordinary discrete inputs that not only have an input filter but also require the time for the PLC controller to scan the backplane and update the Tag database.

The input filter on the IQ32 is not adjustable and is fixed at 8 ms, largely to reject 60 Hz noise.

Suggest you check the specs on a 1769 IQ16F ( fast inputs ) and see if the the response is quick enough for you ( 300 uA max on ) .