Network Redundancy (AB), what makes sense at HMI and Rack level?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
We had a discussion here internally on the best practice to do redundant network and I would like to seek some feedbacks from the experts here.

Someone suggested Ethernet/IP (simplex) and Controlnet both at the HMI level. To me, it makes more sense to do redundant E/IP instead because it's less $ and one do not have to switch over the I/O or OPC driver for the HMI project.

At the rack level, from the main PLC rack to remote I/O, I tend to perfer redundant Controlnet. Is there any good reason to consider Ethernet/IP for that?

Similar Topics

We're just looking at setting up a redundant ControlLogix chassis pair. The pair communicate to a single I/O rack via Ethernet/IP, and we will...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a question about the ring network topology and redundancy. The network will be on a fiber optic media. I've been doing some reading...
Replies
Views
Hi I like to know how the cable redundancy work in profibus. In order to provide cable redundancy I like to use two bus network for each slave...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have application for 1 WinCC V6.0 single station connected to S7-400 CPU through Ethernet (CP443). I want to add 1 more CP443 at S7...
Replies
Views
I want to establish a Profinet network in my production plant to connect multiple devices, including a PLC, HMI, and multiple Profinet-based...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom