Communication Between SIMATIC S7-315-2DP (Master) and S7-313C-2DP (Slave) via Profibu

zara2

Hello everyone....

Please help me solve the following problem
emotion-10.gif

I'm trying to establish master -slave communication between these two PLCs for a week now. And it doesn't work
emotion-9.gif
. When S7-315-2DP is master after I switch it to RUN it shows sytem error and goes to STOP mode. I have the same problem when S7-315-2DP is slave. I've attached few screen shots of a Diagnostic buffer in both cases and hope that you can help me out.

Best regards

Attachment:
paperclip.gif
Screen_shots.zip

Hello zara2;

Did you follow any specific document or example to setup the comms between the CPUs as master/slave?

Here is a Siemens doc describing the steps for connexion of CPU315-2DP as slave to a S7-400 DP master. It should give you step-by-step pointers for your application.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/6518822

Important points to validate:
-Are the 2 CPUs created in the same project? It is easier to start with a single project definition; it is possible to establish links between CPUs in different ptojects, but more complicated.
-Is a connection defined, in Netpro (graphically) or in the master's configuration tabs, between master and slave?
-Are the I/O areas configured correctly (so that they match)in both the slave and the master? Forget about data consistency for the moment, use "consistent over unit" parameters for the data exchange.
-Has the configuration been downloaded to the CPUs?

Please come back to us with more details of your configuration, or, as Jesper already asked, for your project data.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hi people!

I didn't think you would reply me so fast
emotion-1.gif
Thanks for helping!
emotion-2.gif

Here goes more information about my problem....

The error occurred when OB82,OB85,OB86, OB87, OB121, OB122 and of course OB1 were included in master's (315-2DP) and slave's (313C-2DP) program.

Yesterday I tried to establish communication between 316-2DP (master) and 313C-2DP(slave) and 316-2DP did the same thing as 315-2DP in previous case. After I switched it into RUN mode it went into STOP mode and the same system error was shown : STOP caused by parameter assignment error or unpermissible between preset and actual configuration.
The whole time 313C-2DP (slave in both cases) stayed into RUN mode and system error lamp lighted.
I've attached project so take a look.

Best regards,

zara

Hello Zara;

You write adres PQW 500 and read PIW 500 ??

Where is it ? (It is not defind)

Try it with MW ??

And you have define comm adres in de master also (?)

Best regards,

Jan

Last edited:
Hi Zara.

Looking into your project I cannot really see any errors.
In NetPro, both PLCs were marked with orange (=not compiled), but maybe this is not important.
I assume you have compiled and downloaded to both PLCs from the HW Config.

One thing you can try:
On the master PLC, go to the HW Diagnostics (not Diagnostics buffer of the CPU). The fault descriptions there can be more precise.

Hellloooouuuu
emotion-2.gif

I solved the problem
emotion-5.gif
emotion-5.gif

On the same rail I had power supply, CPU-315-2DP, CP 341 conected with wires. I also had another CP 341 just placed on the rail..not connected with wires so I didn't configure it. And that was a problem.

the more stupid problem is - equally more time needed to gain result
emotion-9.gif

Thanks for everything..and sorry for bothering
bye

Hello zara2;

Congratulations!

And next time this happens (and it will) remember to trust the error messages from the CPU operating system:
STOP caused by parameter assignment error or unpermissible between preset and actual configuration

Although they can be obscure at times, they are generally very precise and to the point.
Later,
Daniel Chartier