Valid node numbers are between 0 and -1

jimmycooker

Hi,

I have established a connection through rslinx.

When i try to configure the DH-1 driver with a node address by going to system options & system communications it will only let me enter a 'Valid node numbers are between 0 and -1'.

When i try to go online in RSlogix 500 with a node address of -1 i get the following message:

No response from processor at selected path/node

cannot connect to remote emulator.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

If you are using the DF1 driver, you need to use autoconfig. Use a Null modem cable between the processor and your computer, use RSlinx to connect to the SLC. Go to Communications then configure drivers then choose the Rs232DF1 driver. Auto config. Unless the SLC500 port was used for DH485, it will work. Otherwise, you need to use the 1747-Pic/AIC+ driver. Good luck

I already have the driver configured and can see the SLC 5/03 as node 1 in RSlinx (laptop is node 0).

Problem is that RSlogix 500 will not allow me to assign node 1 to the driver, only -1.

RSLogix500 does not assign node numbers to the device on the network, only to the communication channel for an offline file to be downloaded.

If you are trying to go online with a running processor, close any open file you have opened and then go to the who active screen and select go online from there.

RSLogix can get you cornfused when you go online, depending on what the open file says about the system communications.

Are you trying to connect to an emulated PLC? or a real one?

In RSlogix 500 if you go:

Tools
Options
System Communications (Tab)

you have:

Driver Route Processor Node
AB_DF1 Local -1d

The minus one came from the initial choice i was forced to make between 0 and -1...

Is this correct? The CPU node should be 1 shouldn't it?

I can't go online in rslogix 500, i get the errorNo response from processor at selected path/node

cannot connect to remote emulator.

Do a search and find the two Harmony files. Delete them. With Linx off. Linx will re-create the files when you start it up again. It might have gone into confusion with the changes.

When you go online from RSLogix, are you going through the Comms -> Who Active Go Online menu option?

If so, you should be able to select the processor from the DF1 driver in a RSLinx Who Active window.

Just changing the RSLogix mode selector from OFFLINE to ONLINE will try to use the System Comms settings which are, apparently, set up for emulator mode in your case. So, don't use that method to go online, go through the RSLogix "Comms" menu item, then the "Who Active Go Online" choice.

Paul

OkiePC said:
When you go online from RSLogix, are you going through the Comms -> Who Active Go Online menu option?

If so, you should be able to select the processor from the DF1 driver in a RSLinx Who Active window.

Just changing the RSLogix mode selector from OFFLINE to ONLINE will try to use the System Comms settings which are, apparently, set up for emulator mode in your case. So, don't use that method to go online, go through the RSLogix "Comms" menu item, then the "Who Active Go Online" choice.

Paul

I cannot go online in RSLogix...i will post some pictures