SLC 5/05 failed edits

I have an annoying problem. Whenever I go online with the slicks in my plant, and I try to do online edits, it will fail. It might fail at the accept edits, test edits, or assemble edits. It seems to be random, but frequent. I would say it happens 50% of the time. Then it will kick me offline and I have to upload again. It makes editing programs very tedious.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? I am using a wireless connection, but the frequency of losing my wireless connection might be once every few hours, whereas the frequency of online edits failing while I'm trying to edit something is every few minutes, so I don't think it's my wireless.

Ha, I had this happen to me several months ago. Was able to fight through it though. Annoying!!

Question: If I change those CIP options for the SLC or Micro, do I have to or should I change them back for a Control or Compact Logix?