Remote run (SLC500)

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but here goes. Here is the problem, last week a program change was made to SLC500 and the tech did not put the PLC back into run, just back to remote. The answer is simple to make sure you put in back in run, but is there a way to automatically do that or alarm if its not done? Just trying to make it bullet proof.

take a look at bits S:1/0 through S:1/4 - as shown below ...

you should be able to come up with a specific combination of ONES and ZEROS to determine what mode the processor is in - and the position of the keyswitch ...

slc_mode_bits.PNG

Last edited:
The alarm will have to be external from the PLC however, or tied to an output that isn't held on once the PLC is out of run perhaps.