Siemens 319 3PN/DP

randy

Supporting Member
I'm trying to setup the Ethernet port on a new 319 3-PN/DP.

I have the PG/PC Interface setup on "Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM TCPIP Auto.1. I also have in the properties IE-PG Access Tab "Assign IP addresses unique to project" selected.*
Again just using the Siemens PG unit I can ping the PLC,* compare blocks, and go online with the program. If I select in the IE-PG Access Tab "Do not assign IP addresses automatically" I lose all communication.

Using my standard laptop I cannot ping the PLC. The PLC is an update from a 315 2-DP to a 319 3-PN/DP.

Thanks
-Randy

I'm trying to setup the Ethernet port on a new 319 3-PN/DP.

I have the PG/PC Interface setup on "Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM TCPIP Auto.1. I also have in the properties IE-PG Access Tab "Assign IP addresses unique to project" selected.*
Again just using the Siemens PG unit I can ping the PLC,* compare blocks, and go online with the program. If I select in the IE-PG Access Tab "Do not assign IP addresses automatically" I lose all communication.

Using my standard laptop I cannot ping the PLC. The PLC is an update from a 315 2-DP to a 319 3-PN/DP.

Thanks
-Randy

You didn't specifically include a question, but I assume you'd like an explanation, and help connecting with your standard laptop.

If I recall, "Assign IP addresses unique to project" is used to give your laptop an extra IP address in the correct subnet, if your PC's IP settings wouldn't allow for communication with the PLC.

questions:
1) What IP addresses are assigned to each device (Laptop 1, laptop 2, PLC)
2) Are you connecting directly, or via switches?
3) I'm assuming the PG has TIA Portal. Does your standard laptop have any version of Step 7 on it, or are you only looking for pinging?

I apologize for the structure of the question.

PLC = IP 17.16.20.2 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.224
Laptop Siemens PG = IP 17.16.20.100 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.224
Standard Laptop = IP 17.16.20.200 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.224

Yes the PG has TIA, but I'm using Manager Classic 5.6
No the Standard Laptop does not have any Siemens software.

Thanks

-Randy

Also when I use the Edit Ethernet node it see the MAC address and I assign a IP and the subnet mask all goes well.

I have not had a problem assigning a IP address

All IPs. If you have subnet 255.255.255.224, you have limited IP range to 30 devices, all devices needs to be on that range.
You can check http://www.subnet-calculator.com/

Leave PLC to IP .2, change laptops somewhere between 1.31 (something like 11 and 12).
Then check with ping command, it should work if there is no firewall softwares.