RSNetworx and RSlinx cannot see DEvicenet scanner 1769 SDN

jj4parker

Have anyone met this issue that you cannot see the devicenet scanner via RSlinx or RSnetworx?

I am using 1769 SDN @ node 1 on compactlogix.
For the hardware, it is OK and shows 01 on the scanner 7 segments(node address. I can see the I/O via RSlogix5000.

The problem is I cannot see/configure the scanner as it is not shown in RSlinx.

Could someone please help!!
Thank in advance

Which model and firmware revision of CompactLogix controller are you using ?

How are you connected to the DeviceNet network: via the CompactLogix network port (like Ethernet on a 1769-L35E) or via a DeviceNet interface like a 1770-KFD ?

You said that you can "see the I/O in RSLogix 5000". Those would be the 1769 I/O modules connected to the CompactLogix backplane. Can you also browse to the DeviceNet network and "see" the DeviceNet I/O nodes in RSLinx Classic ?

Your description is consistent with either not having the 1769 backplane EDS or the 1769-SDN EDS file installed.

Also be certain that you have the 1769 bus terminator installed, and that you have proper DeviceNet power and termination installed.

Hello All,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've tried to reinstall the RSlinx 2.58 and still got the same issue.

Actually, I could see the devicenet scanner node 1 on the 1769 bus 2 days ago, but after we tried to change the baud rate from 500 to 125, then later we cannot see the devicenet network on this bus.

You can see the network via RSlinx from the attached file.
Another CPU we can see the devicenet network 1769 scanner.

Is there any issue on the 1769 bus and how can I solve it?
By the way, the machine running is quite normal.

Issue1.jpg

How did you change your baud rate, - thru the dip switches on all the devices?

Maybe you have to update your scan list in the module! [I could be wrong]

Regards

Chacak,

I did change on the RSNetworx via node commissioning.
I cannot update the scan list as I cannot see the scanner.

ANy hard ware reset or via RSlogix5000?

Thanks

Ken,
I'm using RSlogix5000 V.19
Connected via ethernet with compact logix

I can see the I/O which has been already configured since the beginning. I can see the status of the devicenet network and all seems OK.

Thanks a lot.

The Slot Number on the 1769 bus and the Node Number on the DeviceNet are not the same.

What you're showing above is a CompactLogix "PLC02" that isn't showing any of the 1769 modules on the Compact I/O bus. It's either an EDS problem or something that's not browsing across the backplane. It's not a DeviceNet issue (at least, not yet).

I realize you think that changing the DeviceNet data rate has something to do with the 1769-SDN not appearing in the backplane, but I don't see a correlation between those events.

What other modules are connected to the 1769 bus on the "PLC02" CompactLogix ?

Have you been able to cycle power to the CompactLogix ? Sometimes that clears buffers and allows browsing to continue.

Ken,
Thanks for your quick help.

We have 5 units on this bus see the picture.

I've tried to cycle the power 2-3 times but not help.

If the slot number is not the same how can I solve?

Thanks again.

issue2.JPG

Thank you for the explanation. I understand now that you just can't browse the 1769 bus on the "PLC02" CompactLogix controller.

Unfortunately, I also cannot suggest a solution for this. You might have to run the issue through Rockwell Automation Technical Support.

Hey guys,

Finally I've tried to reset the CPU by taking out the battery and then redownload the backup program.

It is suddenly working normally. I can see all the devicenet cards.

Thanks