Studio 5000 Slow Import

rdworz

Hello everyone,

New to the forum, first post.

I am trying to create a new project from an import of an L5K file and have noticed a significant increase in the time it takes to create the project. Where I was able to complete a full import of the same project file before in approximately 60-90 seconds, it's slowed to a crawl. I let it work for 10 minutes before I stopped and had a co-worker create the project for me.

I'm running V28 on a Windows 7 machine. Has anyone else experienced this and can someone give me some tips on what may be causing this problem? I haven't installed any new software or made any changes to my computer that I am aware of.

Any help is appreciated!

Do you have an activation?
If no activation try disconnecting from all networks.

Where you able to actually see the Import dialog?
Did it actually finish?

Did you connect a secondary external display to this laptop before?
Your dialog may be off the screen now.

Few things that you can try:
- hit Enter after it appears to be hanging - if dialog is off the screen, then it will continue the import.
- hold CTRL+SHIFT while starting Studio - it will reset all windows to default.
- connect an external monitor.