Windows Based S5 Software

Ok

I am back to having to purchase some windows software for the S5, this got put on the back burner for a while!

Appreciate the recommendations guys and gals.......

But regardless of price

1. Which do you think is best ? Expierence with any products ? Pros/ Cons ?

2. Are they any that do both s5 and s7 as it seems silly buying some s5 software for obsolete units when i may be asked to do some s7 stuff in the future ?

All guidance appreciated!

I think that IBH Softec do a combined S5/S7 for windows package. (See drawtrend link above)

Kevin H

I have just bought an original copy of

Step5 for S5 ver. 7.2

from ebay, it was too good an auction not to buy even if the software doesnt work!

One question

Is this windows / dos based ?

Presumably this is Siemens own programming software ?

Where can i get manuals pdf's on ot ?

Juist remembered another question, My laptop has both serial and usb ports, what cable will i need to program the S5, in particular the 90,95 and 100's ?

Last edited:
If it is the original Siemens software then it is a MSDOS Program but will run in a DOS window under windows.

The connection to the PLC is via a RS232 To TTY(20mA) Converter.
Siemens part Number: 6ES5 734 1BD20

The manuals should be still available on the Siemens web site; just do a search for S5 ver 7.2

504bloke said:
I have just bought an original copy of

Step5 for S5 ver. 7.2

from ebay, it was too good an auction not to buy even if the software doesnt work!

I hope you got the red authorisation disk with that!

And that it has an authorisation on it, not just the 14 day emergency liscense.

Paul

The cheap charlie deserves what he gets - ebay trash , and has the cheek to use a Jack flag , though that means nothing now . If the software is original licensed , I will eat my underpants. Someone actually pays for S5 ?

Is the software Windows or DOS based ? You F**king ****.
What cable ? the one for yout fu*king immersion heater , which one did you think ? what did you buy it for if you can't even spell "ENGINEER"

Last edited:
Actually, if you get both the license floppy and the license certificate, then it must be legally correct.

Especially on the german ebay, you can find a lot of S5 stuff, also software that is legal (You can also find a lot that isnt !).
Many companies are dumping their S5 stuff because they have finished the transition to S7.

Unfortunately my company doesnt allow me to purchase throug ebay (too much trouble, doesnt fit into our purchasing system, they say).