XBTN-400(2) & TWIDO

GHASEMI

HI all

I want to monitor Pressure in a liquid line. I use a presere transmitter (4-20ma)And scale that in the hardware configuration.(0-350psi)
I will be using xbtn-400(2)for the hmi And twido for the plc.
in my project
iw0.1.0:=mw10
And HMI read mw10 and monitor that value.
my question "is my project corect?"

Do you mean you will set the scale on the pressure transmitter so that 4ma is 0PSI and 20ma is 350PSI?

If so then that is not correct, all you are doing is telling your sensor what it should output depending on the pressure. You will need also need to correctly scale in your software. Are you using TwidoSuite or TwidoSoft and which analogue module do you have?

Most modules report a value of 0 to 4096 in the input word %iw. If you use this into a %mw all you will read is the Twido input value, e.g 2048 if you were midrange, not the PSI reading.

If you can go here

http://www.schneider-electric.com/c...unction_id=18&p_family_id=234&p_range_id=533#

and download the TwidoSuite manual as this explains it from pg153.

Jon.

Jon R said:
Do you mean you will set the scale on the pressure transmitter so that 4ma is 0PSI and 20ma is 350PSI?

If so then that is not correct, all you are doing is telling your sensor what it should output depending on the pressure. You will need also need to correctly scale in your software. Are you using TwidoSuite or TwidoSoft and which analogue module do you have?

i use twido soft v3.5 and i scale corectly in my softwear .

I finished my project with twido soft v3.5 .i cant simulate that with hardwear . plz if you can solve my problem say to me

have you actually tried it with the plc up and running and monitored the value?

Post your code here as a jpeg or pdf, it will give us a much better idea of what is going on.

Jon.

i think in your twido programm must be mw10:=iw0.1.0

you are right mw10:=iw0.1.0 is corect
but my question is when i write " mw10:=iw0.1.0 " in my body program and conect HMI And plc with modbus .
thats order (mw10:=iw0.1.0) enough for monitor iw0.1.0 or not?

It is enough for monitoring. Also you can scale 4-20mA = 0-3500 and then you get one point after comma, if you need more precision. For excuse I dont used XBTN, so I dont know details of its configuration.