Difficulty :Building SCADA system With Factory Talk View SE,ME

WISAM

Dear All ,

I am building SCADA solution for HVAC system using Factory Talk View 7, I am using rslogix 5000 to creat the automation program as you can see in the fig below:

system_overview.jpg

, for know i am developing HMI and SCADA application using virtual machine and without PLC and network of the real system , so I create the program for the PLC , but i am building (drawing and assigning) the HMI objects with direct reference tags (offline tags) ,i get through RSlinx enterprise which have no physical connection to it , I added a node and devices in rslinx enterprise because i do not have the PLC rack yet (unfortunately i will have it during the commissioning:confused:).

My questions are : What is the best way to create HMI application without having physical connection to the PLC?or the PLC itself?

Can I test the application without the physical connection to the PLC?

when I create my first version of the HMI FTV SE i get this error
errorRNALocal.jpg
I tried to see through plctalk forum but i did not see a clear answer to deal with it , i need help to resolve this error!!:unsure:

I have to build HMI using FTV ME for panel view 10, and SE application for SCADA PC system , is the direct reference tagging system will be a problem or i need to create my own HMI tags in the data server? which option is better?

I am counting on you to help me with that.

Thanx in advance

I would design your screens with HMI memory tags first. Then later on you can link those tags to the PLC addresses.
If you need/want to change to direct reference later on, there is a KnowledgeBase article and Tool that will help you change from HMI tags over to Direct Reference.

FTView Site Edtion was designed to build the HMI online with the PLC system, and on the computers that will run the HMI.
It is also designed to make edits/changes while the HMI and PLC systems are operational and running.

So, it is not very good at designing the HMI offline nor on a computer different to the one that will be deployed. Keeping that in mind will help set your expectations and help explain why their features are designed the way they are.

I have found it impossible to develop a PLC program or an HMI for that PLC that works properly as soon as it is installed in the plant without the actual PLC hardware. Simulators etc are a waste of time. Get the hardware

Thanx alot for the replys , it is really helpful , i Will try my best to reach the hardware on site before the commissioning phase .

Bests,

Wisam