Question About Factory Talk View Studio

Kroger2013

When an application is opened and developed in, for example: Version 10, there is no way of using this application for development in an older version, for example: version 8. Is there a way to do this?

On your v10 machine, make a runtime (MER) change the target version (save as type) to v8. Make sure you leave the default option to "always allow conversion".

Restore the MER on the v8 machine using the Application Manager.

In most instances, you will be able to restore and edit the application.

Just be aware that if you are actually using V10 and try this; you may need to install the latest patch roll-out to the V8 factorytalk machine to restore the .MER.

Similar Topics

Hi Friends, I am setting up Panel PCs to run SE Standalone, and I have some questions that I was wondering if anyone here could answer from...
Replies
Views
I have a question about parameter files in Factory Talk View Machine Edition. Can you pass placeholders in a parameter file like you can with a...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I'll ask anyhow. I (we) use multistate indicators to display sequence steps as a machine gets to them...
Replies
Views
Hi, good afternoon all. Do you know if I need a specific version of Factory Talk View to program with Visual Basic?
Replies
Views
Hello, Just signed up and thought I would just jump right in and start asking questions. I work at a water plant as an operator, and am also...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom