Micro810 & Connect Components Workbench - Configuring Analog Input

khelza

I have a very simple program which is run by a 2080-LC10-12QWB Micro810 PLC connected to a single sensor.

The sensor has two outputs, one which is analog, and the other which is a switching output.

I have the sensor wired correctly (I believe) M12 with:
- 1/BN connected to +DC of the PLC power supply
- 2/WH connected to I-00 (which is both analog/digital input) - this is analog output
- 3/BU connected to COM terminal of inputs which is jumpered to -DC of PLC power supply
- 4/BK connected to I-07 which is strictly digital input - this is switching output
- 5/GY not connected as it's an input to the sensor not required

I have not found where to configure I-00 to say that I am using it as analog, or where to specify 4-20ma or 0-10v.

The weird thing is, I'm getting a value in I-03 which is also analog/digital, but I have nothing connected to it. The value is always the same, 1018, and switches between that value and 0, with the sensor.

Monitoring the variables shows both IO_EM_AI_00 and IO_EM_DI_00 (analog and digital) and I see the DI go high with the sensor, but AI is always 0.

Manual specs shows:
8 Input (4 digital, 4 analog/digital, configurable) for this PLC, but where is it actually configurable?

Any help would be appreciated!

:site:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

I didn't have network reception on-site so I was going off of an older 2080 manual which showed all analog inputs shared with digital I-00..03. However, the proper manual showed that the analog inputs are actually shared with digital I-04..07.