Short sellers - Cut your losses before the year end

BachPhi

Congratulations are in order to those who are and still shorting TSLA.

Oh man, I wish I had that courage of yours to go out and challenge @Elontree.

I asked myself this simple question many moons ago: how many CEO in the world who actually slept on the factory floor, working that many hours trying to solve many problems.

I laughed at Crammer, the "Mad Money" host, when finally he declared: 'I Can't Fight It Anymore'.*
Well, at least he had the courage to give up and declared: “I decided then and there, that was it. I was done. I can’t fight it anymore. I wanted the Kool-aid, myself.”

On the other hand,I still not convinced that non-LiDAR, vision base system can successfully automate the self driving control system.

And so , before the year end, cut your losses and have a merry Xmas and happy new year!

Is that to anyone in particular?

Shorting a stock is extremely risky as the there's no limit to the loss, at least in theory. I have never done it myself.

There's no simple formula for investing in companies, unless you are selling the said formula to make $. I still have great doubt on the success of Tesla long term because my observation that the fundamental is against it.

One of my co-workers stopped by this morning to get a referral code (he gets some bonus Supercharging), as he's pulling the trigger on buying a Model 3 before the end of the year.

I really dislike driving combustion vehicles now. They simply stink.

My thought on Tesla is historical.

Look at any innovative company or product and historically that company or product never became successful, it just opened the door for other products or companies.

IE: Where are all the Apple Newton PDA's? Now they are Samsung, LG, Motorola & Iphone devices-ish. If it weren't for Apple making money off Iphones that would have been a big loss.

All the technology and thought being put into electric cars will benefit others in the future, but I think long after Tesla is gone.

There's good probability that I'll get a used Leaf next year. They are very reasonable due to battery degradation issue. I'll hold on to my diesel SUV (45+ hiway MPG) for long trips and use Leaf for daily commute and errands

There's still a lack of infrastructure IMO but it's a chicken and egg problem. If you put in chargers, will they come? I don't get why every fast food place along highway don't have a charger or two.

The thing with iPhone is that people upgrade all the time but I don't see people will upgrade to the next model 3 like they do with iPhone and the big 3 can easily duplicate Tesla if they want to, they just makes too much profit on truck and SUV right now. Big 3 has the manufacturing thing perfected over the decades.

Tesla (the company) is not in the car making business, they are in the energy storage business. Making cool electric cars was a way to use his battery technology and launch the company, but in the long run, that was not the ultimate goal. Tesla's 1.9 million sq.ft. "Gigafactory" outside of Reno is (as of right now) only maybe 30% complete, but it is already producing more battery capacity than all other car battery manufacturers in the WORLD, COMBINED (28GWH in 2019, expected to top 35GWh in 2020). Tesla is now building another Gigafactory in China and one is scheduled for Europe. Cars? Yeah, sure, OK, they make cars too.

Shorting Tesla in the second half of 2019 was not a great idea, unless your timing was perfect.

SmartSelect_20191223-180355_Twitter.jpg

I still have great doubt on the success of Tesla long term because my observation that the fundamental is against it.

Gut feeling is that Tesla can survive either as a niche car manufacturer or as a brand under some other car conglomerate. This being said, they'll pay good money for the brand and it's likely that Elon retains the battery tech for himself and supplies under an agreement to the owner of the brand.

Battery technology is the next gold rush as it is a solution to our energy problem. Hell, even drilling rigs are launched with hybrid technology with battery banks (most likely to stabilise engines).

Yeah Corvettes suck! 🤥

Tesla has really made the electric vehicle cool, but driving long distances, say 400 miles +, is still too painful now. Filling up with gas in a few minutes is just too convenient.

This the major hurdle right now. Cars need to be at least in 500 plus miles range to even consider.