Topics Deleted?

Just curious...

There was a topic going last week on VPNs. I found it informative and relevant.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=113268
Went to check it an noticed it's deleted.

This forum seems to have something against e W 0 N.
Is it now deleting any topics including it?

I did a Search on VPN and found several threads.
Do you possibly have the thread title?

Could there be a typo in the thread link? Maybe this one?
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=113288

I know the thread you're referring too.

I suspect that the section of discussion on how to bypass the forum text filters probably didn't help it stick around.
Buut, i'm just spitballing here.

I know the thread you're referring too.

I suspect that the section of discussion on how to bypass the forum text filters probably didn't help it stick around.
Buut, i'm just spitballing here.

Same here, I remember the thread... Still does not explain why the word E.W.0.N is filtered... is this really a bad word?

The manufacturer of that VPN appliance product spent some time spamming the Forum a few years ago, which is why their proper product name is filtered out.

The most recent thread was basically a low-detail "this product is really great and everyone should buy it" promotion or advertisement. My own experience with the product was not as positive.

I would not be surprised if the Forum operator removed it, as advertising is generally not allowed in the Q&A forum and that manufacturer has done that kind of advertising in the past. This is a privately-operated website and such decisions are entirely the prerogative of the owner.

@Ken Roach
Thanks for the history. I did not remember that from my time on this forum. Interesting as now they are part of HMS and also are a RA encompass partner.

And for the record I have no affiliation with e w 0 n.
Our company does small custom systems and these vpns have been a game changer for us. So naturally I have commented on subjects about them in the past.
(it's silly how I need to talk in riddles about a manufacturer's name. I guess they ruined their reputation here...:cool:)

Just to let everyone know that there are other VPN routers out there. I use another brand(not going to mention it) in both wired and cellular versions. I have the cellular on a piece of mobile equipment that is more than a thousand miles away from me and moving. The concept is a game-changer, not necessarily the one brand.

aHHH, mystery solved. I wonder about that for long time.

I used a competitor's who is based nearby and am ok with it. Just note it doesn't really have a full firewall so you should be a real firewall before the box.

Just to let everyone know that there are other VPN routers out there. I use another brand(not going to mention it) in both wired and cellular versions. I have the cellular on a piece of mobile equipment that is more than a thousand miles away from me and moving. The concept is a game-changer, not necessarily the one brand.

And this is where I see the problem!! I am very much interested in knowing what you use, because if I knew that little bit of information, I would not have to spend days of researching, to maybe have a better solution than what I use now.

But since we have to be very careful about saying you have had a good experience with a product(as this would be advertising, or just trying to be helpful), we have to limit the whole story.

I'm not going to comment on this matter anymore, I love/need this forum and I am happy to abide by all the rules.

But since we have to be very careful about saying you have had a good experience with a product(as this would be advertising, or just trying to be helpful), we have to limit the whole story.
Gross misrepresentation of what actually happened.

There is a difference between answering a question about a product and posting an unsolicited testimonial.

In my opinion there should also be limits on how many advertising links you can include in your signature.

There is a difference between answering a question about a product and posting an unsolicited testimonial.

You are correct - I did post an unsolicited testimonial. I just think it's a shame you can't post your experience with various products that is on the market- as this will only benefit the people that belong to this forum.

As far as my signature goes, I won't get into that, but you do realize that it's you that has the choice to click on them or not.

As far as my signature goes, I won't get into that, but you do realize that it's you that has the choice to click on them or not.
You're correct. And having followed the links once and having learned that they were just ads for your company, I have formed an opinion about your motivation for participating in the forum.