FT View SE 7.0 IIS install issue

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,
Posting this in the hopes it may help someone else at some point. My HP EliteBook 8760 laptop is a 64 bit cpu running 32 bit Windows 7 Pro. I had FT View Studio 6.1 installed and was trying to update to FT View 7.0. The install would go only to the point where it checked for IIS. Whether I had it on or not it would say it wasn't installed and proceed to install it. Then it would say it was installed and configured correctly press next to continue. Once i pressed next I got the message telling me IIS was not configured correctly and installation could not continue. I went round and round on this for almost 2 days with tech support. Long story short I had to uninstall Proficy software and then it would install. It seems Proficy like Rockwell likes port 80 and although it did not show up when running a NetStat check it had glommed onto port 80 in the background and would not allow the install to work. Once removed it went without a hitch and Proficay can be reinstalled as this is only an issue during installation.

HOW TO RUN A NETSTAT CHECK TO SEE IF PORT 80 IS BEING USED
Open a CMD window and type in Netstat -aon|findstr 0.0:80 Then hit enter. If anything is listed right click on the task bar and select Task Manager. Find the select view and select options. Make sure PID is selected. Now go back to the main window and find the process that has the address that was listed in the NetStat and end that process. Port 80 should now be clear and allow you to install.

Hope this helps someone get up and running faster.

Kraken Fan #69

Thanks, this did help. I was having the same problem. What I found was I had VMWare player installed and was using 80 to listen. I tried stopping the process but still didn't work. I had to totally uninstall the program. Hopefully I will not need it any longer.

Thanks again,
BD

I have same issue. Netstat is not showing me any programs stepping on port 80. I did have VMware player on my machine, which I have uninstalled and still no success. Have stripped down what programs are running using msconfig. Any additional hints. john

Hi everyone,
I'm having this problem when I try to Install FTView7.
According the installation guide, I have to install IIS but the button never appear; just 'next' 'back' 'cancel', so I can't continue.
I tried to install IIS with stand alone packages but it still say "IIS is not installed". I didn't undesrstand the netstat procedure; anything else that I can try? Greetings.

Hi everyone,
I'm having this problem when I try to Install FTView7.
According the installation guide, I have to install IIS but the button never appear; just 'next' 'back' 'cancel', so I can't continue.
I tried to install IIS with stand alone packages but it still say "IIS is not installed". I didn't undesrstand the netstat procedure; anything else that I can try? Greetings.

HI. I also facing the same problem. Do you fix it yet?

HI. I also facing the same problem. Do you fix it yet?
Hello. In fact I was unable to install that package, I gues it was an early release. I had to downlaoad another rev in order to install it and even I could install it on Windows XP. So get a new minus rev it's the only solution. greetings.

Hello. In fact I was unable to install that package, I gues it was an early release. I had to downlaoad another rev in order to install it and even I could install it on Windows XP. So get a new minus rev it's the only solution. greetings.

may i know what is the revision u r used it at that time. i'm currently install ftsite edition 8.00.00 (CPR 9 sr 7).
Untitled.jpg