PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A

PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A (http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/index.php)
-   LIVE PLC Questions And Answers (http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wincc runtime advance v13 (http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=113585)

f.fabunmi January 3rd, 2018 02:23 AM

Wincc runtime advance v13

Dear all,
in my current project i am using S7-1200 controller, but i want to use normal PC as my HMI. On my engineering PC I have installed TIA PORTAL V13 SP1 UPD9 for both STEP 7 and Wincc. my question now goes thus, on the station PC i want to use as an HMI what are the necessary software i need to install there to be able to have successful connection to my controller. I believe i need to install wincc runtime. Nevertheless, i am seeking for experts guide on this... Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Femi.

dbozic January 3rd, 2018 02:45 AM

Yes you are right.
You need to have Wincc Runtime Advanced or Professional installed on the PC.

kalabdel January 3rd, 2018 03:08 AM

What dbozic said and for more information:

Comparison

f.fabunmi January 3rd, 2018 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbozic (Post 763807)
Yes you are right.
You need to have Wincc Runtime Advanced or Professional installed on the PC.

Thanks.. But question has not been fully answered sorry for that.... Do I need to install another software beside wincc runtime advance?

Regards,
Femi

kalabdel January 3rd, 2018 12:56 PM

You do not need any more software installed. You didn't specify which version of TIA/WinCC you have installed on your programming environment. But the requirements are right here

If you're not running SCADA on your PC station then runtime advanced will do if you are then professional is needed.

f.fabunmi January 3rd, 2018 02:29 PM

Thanks.. I am running wincc advance v13 sp1 upd9 on my engineering PC. But should I first install wincc advance v13 sp1 upd9 on the PC I intend using for runtime before installing RT advance.. I have tried to install only wincc RT advance on that PC but it giving me some error..

kalabdel January 3rd, 2018 02:34 PM

You should install only the runtime version. How about a screenshot or the errors?

f.fabunmi January 3rd, 2018 02:37 PM

OK.. I will try to reinstall and send the screenshots of the error to you shortly

f.fabunmi January 3rd, 2018 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by f.fabunmi (Post 763885)
OK.. I will try to reinstall and send the screenshots of the error to you shortly

Check the attached for error message

f.fabunmi January 3rd, 2018 02:59 PM

Have sent the error message... Thanks you

kalabdel January 3rd, 2018 08:42 PM

At what stage do you get that error?
To not waste time, go back to basics. Make sure you operating system is supported, make sure your installation files are not corrupted (DVD? ISO?.exe?) if possible just fownload the trial version which is full version from Siemens' site to make sure it's all good and after the installation is successful use your DVD to authorize it. Depending on where the last installation left off you may need to do some work to delete all the old files.

JBA-DK January 7th, 2018 11:42 AM

With TIA PORTAL V13 basic you can program the s7-1200 and simulate a panel from the same pc. The programming software is cheaper than the wincc runtime. The simulating runs the panel like it was the actual panel.

f.fabunmi January 7th, 2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBA-DK (Post 764299)
With TIA PORTAL V13 basic you can program the s7-1200 and simulate a panel from the same pc. The programming software is cheaper than the wincc runtime. The simulating runs the panel like it was the actual panel.

Many thanks JBA-DK.. I really appreciate your response..