S7 DB dataview actual values

Werner

With Siemens S7 you can watch the content of a DB online. (data view). Normally I also got the column actual value. Now this column is not vissible any more. I searched all the settings I could find and still have this problem. Does anybode know how to get this column back?

Kind Regards,

Werner

Click on "View" in the block editor and change from "Declaration View" to "Data view".

To change this permanently, use the "Options">"Customise">"Blocks" to change the view when opening a datablock.

Sounds a bit odd! The only thing that occurs to me is that if you're usually viewing Instance DBs, then as of Step7 V5.2, they open by default in a different viewer ("Parameter assignment for data blocks") than Global DBs, which are viewed in the normal STL/FB/Ladder editor. In the Parameter assignment viewer, the default is "Data view", whereas in the STL editor, the default is "Declaration view" and you need to switch to "Data view" manually.

However, that sounds too easy and I'm sure you know it already! Sorry, but nothing else occurs to me at present. :confused:

I know about the switch between declaration view and data view. I tried opening an instance DB. This opens in DB parameter assignment viewer. The funny part is that the acutal values are visible here.:confused: :unsure:

Now I have tried both simulate modules and actual online with a plc. In both situations the actual data view actual value column is gone. I hate this kind of problems.

No, zero width is not the problem. With view>column width you can check the column width's and alter them. The Column name actual values is not even in the list! I tried the repair function from the software package. This did not work. No I wil try a complete reinstall.

I found the solution on the internet. Unfortunately I already tried to reinstall the software. Which also didn't work. Murphy!

QUESTION:
The "Actual Value" column in the data view of my data block is not visible. What can I do?

ANSWER:
The "Actual Value" column in the data view of your data block is not visible. Unfortunately, in this case in STEP 7 V5.x the actual value column is hidden. The column becomes visible again by setting the view to a different value, e.g. to 200%, via the menu item "View > Zoom...". The column then becomes visible again and you can reset the view to its original value.

Note:
The zoom function in "View > Zoom…" is only available for TrueType fonts in the LAD/FBD/STL editor, otherwise this function is grayed out. You can set the font in the LAD/FBD/STL editor via "Tools > Settings > Editor tab". TrueType fonts are marked in the selection mask (under "Select") by a TT symbol for TrueType on the left of the fonts displayed.

More information on this is available in Entry ID 9822265 - "Zooming in the LAD/FBD/STL editor is only possible with TrueType fonts". Keywords:
View

Thanks Werner!

I have had the exact same problem with the disapearing "actual value" column. This helped me out.

Cheers
Borte