Panelview 550 & SLC 5/03 Screen Control

Automate

I currently am trying to write software for an SLC 5/03 & Panelview 550 Touchscreen. I've sorted out all the cables and have it configured correctly. I've written a basic program to control a few I/O's from the panelview and all is working correctly between the PLC and PV.
My Questions
1: How could I setup it up so that the SLC knows what screen I'm currently on?

2: Is it possible to have the PLC change the PV to a different screen?

I'm currently running Panelbuilder32 & Rslogix500
The Panelview Part No. is 2711-T5A16L1

Any help or examples would be appreciated

From the online help files in Panelbuilder32

Under Application Settings

Define a screen status tag
1 Click the Status Tags tab.
2 In the Screen Number box, type the name of the tag address where the controller will read the number of the current screen displayed. The PanelView writes the current screen number to this tag address.
To edit the tag definition, select the tag and click the Edit Tag button. The data type of the tag must be Unsigned Integer. (For the ControlLogix, the data type must be Integer).
Notes
§ If you detect a problem with screen changes on a busy network, increase the Time/Date Output Interval.
Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved

Define a screen control tag
1 Click the Control Tags tab.
2 In the Screen Number box, type the name of the tag address where the controller writes a screen number to change the screen displayed on the PanelView terminal.
3 To edit the tag definition, select the tag and click the Edit Tag button. The data type of the tag must be Unsigned Integer. (For the ControlLogix, the data type must be Integer).
For operator controlled screen changes, the value at the Screen Number tag address must be 0.
Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved

Thanks Mickey that was fast.... I'm actually at home today and brought the hardware with me from work to play around with it during the weekend. Unfortunately I have forgotten the PIC cable at work. I'll try it when I can get my hands on it and post back to confirm that it works.

Thanks again

Based on the part no.'s you gave, all you need for the PLC is a null modem
cable RS232. A straight thru RS232 cable for the PV.

For the procedure: to change the Panelview to a certain screen number, write that number to the 'Control Tag' mentioned above. Monitor the 'Status Tag'. When it changes to the desired screen number then change the 'Control Tag' back to a zero.

Thanks guys, just got back from the office to pick up the cables I needed, made the changes and all is working just as I want. Now I just have to get stuck into the actual procedures of how this machine is gonna work and I'm done.... Should keep me busy for the next week or so!