DH-485 Mating Connector...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
One of my customers has FINALLY decided to start replacing their obsolete PV600 (2711-B6C2) HMIs. They have about 2 dozen of them in service, and they are constantly failing. I plan to replace them with G308s, or maybe G307K2s.

I would like to be able to just send them a replacement front plate (they have Hoffman HMI enclosures on swingarms) with the new HMI already mounted and programmed. Their mechanics can simply swap the pushbuttons to the new front plate. My plan is to upgrade one machine for them, then build new faceplates as needed, for them to install each time another PV finally dies. All the machines are identical.

I would prefer they didn't have to pull a new communication cable from the PLC to the HMI. Their current PV600s have the rectangular DH-485 connection (see attachment). If I can get the mating connector for this cable, I can make an adapter cable (or junction box) to connect to the G3. Just trying to make it 'plug and play'.

So finally, my question... Does anyone know what this style connector is called?

DH485.jpg