Cannot import AOP or Routines into RSLogix 5000

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Out of the blue my RSLogix locks up on trying to import a Routine or AOP into my Controllogix logic.
A few months ago I was swapping logic routines with an engineer and had no issues.
Now I am on the job site and the same engineer gives me an exported routine to import and my RSLogix just locks up.
Today I downloaded an AOP and same thing happened on trying too import.

The other engineer and I are both RSLogix 5000 v20.01. I do not know what version the AOP is.....it came from Daba.

What???

I even tried exporting a routine from yesterdays logic save and could not import. it into today's logic....on my own pc and same RSLogix???

have you been able to save the existing program to L5K and then open as a new file (program)

then save (new filename) and then try importing the AOI

Trying to determine if it is the AOI or the existing program that has been corrupted

have you been able to save the existing program to L5K and then open as a new file (program)

then save (new filename) and then try importing the AOI

Trying to determine if it is the AOI or the existing program that has been corrupted

The AOI is from a reliable source (Daba) and has been used by others.
I have also been sent the L5K file, edited, saved, and exported..... but still cannot import.

The main thing that is my issue with the failure to be able to import an exported routine. I even cannot be done from my own logic saved the previous day. RSLogix just goes dead and has to be crushed through Task Manager.

Last edited:
The AOI is from a reliable source (Daba) and has been used by others.
I have also been sent the L5K file, edited, saved, and exported..... but still cannot import.

The main thing that is my issue with the failure to be able to import an exported routine. I even cannot be done from my own logic saved the previous day. RSLogix just goes dead and has to be crushed through Task Manager.

not the AOI - the program that you are importing it into was what what I was referring to

Can you import into a NEW acd file?

Last edited:
My program appears solid. I am doing a job now and make about 3 saves a day (with a different revision number on the end) after major edits. Every day I reopen the last revision from the previous day and start troubleshooting online again....but it is the ACD file I am working from.

So... I should try saving my Logic.acd file as an L5K file and then reopened it under a new name. Then save it as an acd, and try to import the AOI and/or an exported routine?

My program appears solid. I am doing a job now and make about 3 saves a day (with a different revision number on the end) after major edits. Every day I reopen the last revision from the previous day and start troubleshooting online again....but it is the ACD file I am working from.

So... I should try saving my Logic.acd file as an L5K file and then reopened it under a new name. Then save it as an acd, and try to import the AOI and/or an exported routine?

I would try that - I have found that sometimes that the ACD file gets a little confused - by doing that process it cleans ACD file.

This is likely due to invalid registry paths. Likely to a server or device drive that is no longer present when performing imports.

Try holding down CTRL + SHIFT while starting up Logix 5000 until the start menu of Logix 5000 appears. This will reset the registry to default and fix any errors.

This is likely due to invalid registry paths. Likely to a server or device drive that is no longer present when performing imports.

Try holding down CTRL + SHIFT while starting up Logix 5000 until the start menu of Logix 5000 appears. This will reset the registry to default and fix any errors.

YEA!!!!!
That fixed it. Thanks a million.
Take your left hand, reach around over your right shoulder........and pat yourself on the back.

Much appreciated! Fixed my issue too.

It worked for me.

Thank you Jag.

I had the identical problem: RS5k 20.01 will freeze every time I try to import a new program or udt, even ones that I had imported just yesterday.

After reading Jag's comment about missing paths, I thought "A-ha!". I use a VM Win7Pro 32bit inside my Win7Pro 64 host. I seem to have to network access within the VM, so I use a VM Shared directory to save my files, so that at the end of the day I can just copy them from the same folder to the network archive.

Well, sometime yesterday I had re-named that folder - that must have been the start of the error, but I don't recall trying any imports after that, until today.

So, holding down Ctrl-Shift, I start up RS5k, it loads its start menu, and now all is well.(y)