Citect SCADA and the future for it - all good - V2016 released today fro download

BobB

Lifetime Supporting Member
There have been a couple of questions about what Schneider are going to do about Citect after they bought Wonderware and of course Clear Scada.

Citect 2016 was released today for download - I do not know if that is for general download or just for SIs.

Additionally another bit of important information as well - "N.B. In November 2016, the CitectSCADA and StruxureWare SCADA Expert Vijeo Citect product suites were consolidated under our Citect SCADA brand. For more information,please refer to the Citect SCADA 2016 FAQs document on the SCADA & MES Support Website."

It appears that Vijeo Citect is going to vanish - about time they stopped fiddling about.

For the chap in UK who had an issue about Schneider sticking everything with one distributor I guess this will answer the question as well.

I do not know if StruxtureWare is dead but Citect has certainly come out of it by the look of this.

Now to download it and have a look.

I am going to a release breakfast next week for Citect 2016 and apparently there is also going to be a sneak look at Clear SCADA 2017 as well.

Lot in 1 1/2 hours!

That chap was me, we are still buying through Schneider UK and have been told nothing will change for certain SI partners of which we are one.

Vijeo Citect has indeed gone, back to good old Citect SCADA

Already downloaded and running 2016, still dbf backend...... :-( but it looks like the start of going to a SQL mySQL backend.

How do you like it? Have not had time to have a look yet. Is Studio any good?

How do you like it? Have not had time to have a look yet. Is Studio any good?

Seems OK, i haven't looked in too much detail, but we are using it on the next project so time will tell, its still the same old Citect behind the studio interface, same graphics builder, Cicode editor etc.

Just taking time to find where stuff is at the moment, the deployment tool will save some time.

Not much improvement for mine - the deployment tool will help many but not me.

All pretty picture stuff - would have preferred to see some more useful things I asked for 12 years ago that has not happened LOL.

They were promised at the time at a conference - still waiting!

Had a look at tags, trends, alarms - would rather have a spreadsheet thingy where you could just type the stuff straight into columns - all tags, trends and alarms in the same spreadsheet thingy so you can see straight away what has alarms and trends attached without having to open a heap of windows - I always opened tags, alarms, trends and dragged them around the screen - seems you cannot anymore - only open the one window at a time - that is a bugger! I used to mean you could scroll down through tags, alarms and trends and work with all windows open - will have to ask the question at the release.

{DATE,20}{TIME,20}{EQUIPMENT_ID,20}{ALARM_NAME,80}{USER_ID,100}{ACK_DATE_AND_TIME,50}{ACK_STATUS,10}{COMMENT,10}

Hello,

I have configure some digital alarm and thats alarm i have to Log in SQL using cicode but when i am trying to this this it cant work please can any one help me for the cicode for alarm log in SQL.
in the SQL table i want
{LogDate}{LogTime}{EqId}{AlarmName}{AckDate}{AckTime}{Comment}

in which EqId is my plc name in string whatever i will deside.

please give me a sample of the cicode for this

regards,
Chetan Patil
+91 9637138565

{DATE,20}{TIME,20}{EQUIPMENT_ID,20}{ALARM_NAME,80}{USER_ID,100}{ACK_DATE_AND_TIME,50}{ACK_STATUS,10}{COMMENT,10}

Hello,

I have configure some digital alarm and thats alarm i have to Log in SQL using cicode but when i am trying to this this it cant work please can any one help me for the cicode for alarm log in SQL.
in the SQL table i want
{LogDate}{LogTime}{EqId}{AlarmName}{AckDate}{AckTime}{Comment}

in which EqId is my plc name in string whatever i will deside.

please give me a sample of the cicode for this

regards,
Chetan Patil
+91 9637138565